Supply Shortages and Inclement Weather Spur April 2021 Price Increase
New Pricing on All Finished Lubricants Effective on April 12
Due to unfortunate market conditions relating to recent weather, logistical challenges, and rising costs of raw materials, oil manufacturers have announced an increase on finished lubricants effective April 12, 2021.
The recent freeze forced refinery closures throughout Texas and created shortages in base oil supplies. Consequently, distribution channels have also been disrupted throughout North America. Consumers can expect an increase of 15% on finished lubricants and all other industry-related products including coolants, chemicals, DEF, and filters.
Considering these rising costs, SCL would like to thank all customers for their continued support throughout these tumultuous times. To decrease freight charges, along with our operating expenses, we encourage all customers to increase order quantities.
Be sure to also contact your SCL representative about increasing drain intervals for fleets and incorporating more energy-efficient products in your usage.
For detailed information on the latest round of 2021 price increases for each oil supplier, visit JobbersWorld.com.
Price Increase Announcement Letters
• Mobile Price Increase Announcement – 4.1.2021
• Chevron Price Increase Announcement – 3.9.21
° Chevron Pricing Support – 3.2021
• Shell Price Increase Announcement – 3.4.2021
° Shell Market Conditions – 3.2021
• Castrol Price Increase Announcement – 2.12.2021
• Summit Price Increase Announcement – 3.1.2021
• Fuchs Price Increase Announcement – 2.9.2021
• Philipps 66 Price Increase Announcement – 3.2021
• IPC Global Solutions Pricing Update – 3.15.2021
• Petro Canada Price Increase Announcement – 3.12.2021
• MKS Plastics Price Increase Announcements – 3.12.2021
• Quaker-Houghton Price Increase – 4.5.2021
Contact an SCL Consultant today
In a wide range of automotive, industrial and commercial sectors, SCL remains steadfast on its commitment to product and industry knowledge, performance satisfaction and superior logistics. We protect and optimize the machines that keep our country moving. For more information on how we help can help with services including bulk purchasing or managing inventory, contact an SCL expert today.