Course Road Map
Days 1 - 4
This course is designed to educate attendees on a variety of topics in the field of machinery lubrication including lubricant selection, application, contamination control and oil analysis. This course is based on the ICML MLT I / MLA I body of knowledge and covers all subject matter included in the exam. The focus of the program is to create awareness of the important issues in lubrication and offer practical, effective solutions to the challenges facing today’s maintenance professionals. Our instructors have decades of inplant experience designing and implementing precision lubrication programs and we have trained thousands of maintenance professionals on the most effective methods for engineering a world-class program.
In this course you will:
- Understand how lubricants work, how to create lubricant specifications for different machines and how to manage their condition.
- Learn how to select a grease, the most effective application method, and how to determine the optimum application amount and frequency.
- Learn how to identify, prevent and remediate lubricant contamination.
- Learn how to design a world-class lubricant storage and handling system.
- Understand the key elements and uses of oil analysis. Learn how to modify equipment for lubrication, inspection, oil analysis and contamination control.
- Learn how to identify gaps in your program and create a game plan for your next steps.
- Role of Lubrication in Machine Reliability
- Lubrication Theory & Fundamentals
- Lubricant Failure Modes
- Lubricating Oil Application Method
- Grease Application Methods
- Lubricant Selection and Lubricant Considerations
- Lubricant Contamination Control
- Storage and Handling of New Lubricants
- Used Oil Analysis
- Oil Sampling Methods
- Equipment Modifications
- Lubrication Program Gap Analysis
MLT1 Certification Test (Optional)*
To become certified, an individual must meet the following requirements:
Education and/or Experience – Candidates must have at least two years education (post-secondary) or on-the-job training in one or more of the following fields: machine lubrication, engineering, mechanical maintenance and/or maintenance trades.
Examination – Each candidate must successfully pass a written, 100 question, multiple-choice examination that evaluates the candidate’s knowledge of the topic. Candidates have three hours to complete the closed-book examination. A score of 70% is required to pass the examination and achieve certification. Contact ICML about the availability of the exam in other languages.
The cost of the exam is $275 USD. Attendees wishing to take the exam must register directly with ICML.
Who Should Attend?
The Required (R) are positions within an organization who should attain the training and would see a direct benefit in their daily responsibilities in their workplace.
Optional (O) are considered positions within an organization that would be benefit from the training but it may not directly impact their daily responsibilities in the workplace.
Day 1 – 3
Daily Schedule / Perks
Training Runs from 8:00AM – 4:00PM Daily
6:00-8:00AM – Free breakfast at hotel restaurant
8:00AM – Training Begins
10:00AM – Provided Snack. Coffee/Beverages Break
12:00-12:30PM – Carte Lunch
2:00PM – Provided Snack/Coffee/Beverage Break
Starbucks Coffee – All Day
Exam Day Schedule
6:00-8:00AM – Breakfast provided in hotel at no charge to attending members.
8:00AM – Exam Begins
Add on material provided with course: Practice Exams, Quizzes, Lubrication Elements text book to all attending members.*
The Lubrication Elements text book it is a great playbook for companies looking to improve their lube program Retail Value is over a $100.00
Cost of Course for November 19th-22nd
Single or Group of Individuals: $1,999.99 Per Person, Plus Exam Registration
ICML – Exam Fee (optional): $275.00
For groups of 15 -25 please contact Troy Hudson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtyard by Richmond Berkeley 3150 Garrity Way, Richmond, CA 94806
SCL has secured a discounted room rate at the Courtyard Richmond/Berkeley. Click here to book.